Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Happy Football Season!

























Baltimore Ravens Cake



I made this cake for my husband, a diehard Ravens fan. I'm looking foward to making a bunch of these cakes this season for lots of different teams!


Sorry for the poor quality camera phone pictures; the digital camera is out of commission and my husband isn't going to wait until it is to eat this! I will say, because it is hard to tell with the lighting and the poor quality photo, the raven's head IS purple--not black! The colors are what they're supposed to be :)


This is a chocolate-chocolate cake with bits of chocolate in it covered in traditional butter cream icing with fondant decorations. I prefer a smooth fondant surface, but since the cake was for dh, I made what he asked for!

This cake feeds approximately 15-20 people and sells for around 40.00. Depending on how intricate your team logo is, the price may go up.

No comments:

Post a Comment